“Why Don’t We” is a new independent charity established to: further learning through the provision of a range of creative opportunities for people with learning disabilities. We are a vibrant community of people working together to build on the success of the Viz-Able project (now complete). Our group is open to anyone over the age of 18 with an interest in our mission.
We work with organisations which support people with disabilities and meet regularly to engage in activity, which promotes inclusion by:
- Sharing the skills and experience of our members with a wider community
- Raising awareness of forms of prejudice and abuse against those with disabilities
- Helping develop the skills, knowledge, networks and confidence to tackle social challenges
- Improving mental health
- Improving physical health
- Improving healthy eating
- Personal & Social development
- Functional skills & technology
- Vocational and pre-vocational learning
Click here to find out more about Viz-Able.